Woman of a Certain Age


…”A woman will never do again what has been done before."
Mark Twain

Men fear the emancipation of a woman.
They are more comfortable to see her in an apron,
with yes on her tongue, and submission in her manner.

Well, I didn’t reach this age
to step back on my move forward.
Call me a bitch or a witch I’ll claim the honor in both.

Male history has its errors it appears hungry to repeat.
I’ve made mistakes, but I’ve learned lessons.
I won’t dance again as a puppet or stay silent 
with the boot on my neck.

I’ve survived a lot of things…know women who’ve
survived much more…the anger of women is growing stronger…
Observe Mother Earth’s current rebellion…the revolution is already here.

©Susie Clevenger 2023

Comments

Sherry Blue Sky said…
"The revolution is already here." Wonderful! Susie, check out the film She Said - about the two women journalists who broke the story about Weinstein. Very well done.