Blue Sky Journal


 

“As long as you can find yourself, you’ll never starve.”

― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games


Is there a place where roots in me can grow
deep enough to feel I’ve found home.

I’ve traveled so many years, hours, and miles
writing, erasing, remapping wild paths of self-revelation, 
still much of me is unsettled, unexplored.

Walking beneath a blue journal sky I write poetry
with a crow feather pen of the wind’s voice in my hair,
the sigh of a leaf as it is released from an oak limb.

Perhaps home is me, the wisdom of a dandelion
that changes from blossom to moon, doesn’t
fret in the journey, just trusts it can grow wherever it lands.

©Susie Clevenger 2023


Comments

Sherry Blue Sky said…
Susie, this is so beautiful. I love "I write with a crow feather pen of the wind's voice in my hair." Wow. LOVE the dandelion that changes from blossom to moon.