Uncharted Horizons Within

 

“Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.”

― Virginia Woolf, Jacob's Room

The Mustangs of Las Colinas –– Robert Glen

In me is a wilderness, a voice, 
a path where nothing restrains,
demands explanation.

I was born with nature’s psalms
written on each heartbeat,
wild mustang words full of sky,
wings, and oak leaves encouraging me
to embrace my freedom. 

Sitting still I’m moving; in silence I speak.
I am lightening and thunder, bright fuchsia
and gray dust shadow.

I am so many things and so much more to become.
There are uncharted horizons within me
I grow more anxious to explore.  

©Susie Clevenger 2023



Comments

Ellecee said…
This is lovely, Susie, moving in mood and action. Sometimes the right words of admiration are difficult to find, even for poets🥰