Sleep Alert: Storm Front Forming

Insomnia built a fortress
in the middle of my pillow,
and cobbled the sheep
to keep me from doing inventory

The weather for dreams
predicts a warm front
from too many blankets
will be eased by increased
wind speed from the ceiling fan.

Although cooler air may bring relief
the snores from the north will
cause a drop in the barometric pressure,
and coupled with unstable mood
give a greater probability for storms.

All indications suggest I find a safe place
to pace until the sun burn’s off agitation.

©Susie Clevenger 2019

#NaPoWriMo2019

Real Toads ~ Song Prompt ~ News From My Bed


Comments

Fireblossom said…
"Oh Stormy, oh Stormy....bring back that sunny day."
Sherry Blue Sky said…
This is a very clever weather report! I love it!
Jim said…
Our sun might be in a bad mood, or showing off for the president's visit. It was 90 yesterday, And we haven't had a killer frost this winter. Tomorrow will be cool, you can stay under.
..
Isadora Gruye said…
You capture bed weather with such lyricism. I can almost see the silverlining on those clouds from inside my pillow fort. :) Well done and viva la!
Margaret said…
First and second stanza... you writing about me? :)
Kim M. Russell said…
I love the opening stanza, Susie, and the weather report for dreams!
Ha, clever weather report. (Fighting insomnia with wit and insight?)
Sanaa Rizvi said…
This is incredibly strong and lyrical in its depiction of insomnia!