In the Heart of Shadows


Night curl sleep
breaks time into dreams,
but before we succumb
we dance hip to hip,
explore the small spaces
along our skin only we know,
and slip out of worry into union.

The breath of secrets
 is the only sound
in our room of escape.
All the things we haven’t spoken
lie quietly on our tongues.

In the welcoming heart of shadows
we break through the walls daylight
has built with clocks and destinations.

Nothing matters but you.
Nothing matters but me.
Love tosses us on waves
we beg to drown in.

©Susie Clevenger 2018






Comments

Margaret said…
"All the things we haven't spoke lie quietly on our tongues" - that's beautiful. I wish everyone such a dance.
Jim said…
I'd we haven't said it before then this isn't the time either. I liked even better but I don't know why, this,
"explore the small spaces
along our skin only we know"
Sensuous apeal perhaps?
Lots to think about. Try?
..

Kim M. Russell said…
Sensual and intimate. I love the lines:
'The breath of secrets
is the only sound
in our room of escape.
All the things we haven’t spoken
lie quietly on our tongues'.

Vivian Zems said…
The last two lines...very steamy. A beautiful write all the way through.
Sanaa Rizvi said…
Oh gosh! 💜 I don't think I have ever read anything more beautiful than this! Especially love; "The breath of secrets is the only sound in our room of escape."💜

Sherry Blue Sky said…
Lucky those who have such a warm and harmonious "you and me". Loved this, Susie.
brudberg said…
Love that sea to drown in... a little death maybe
Gillena Cox said…
"the walls daylight has built..."
Luv that image

Much love...
tonispencer said…
Sigh. Beautiful and sexy steamy. How wonderful to have such an intimate and loving "you and me".
Kerry O'Connor said…
I'm all for exploring the small spaces, Susie.. Loved the poem!
Anonymous said…
I wanted to thank you for this good read!! I absolutely loved
every bit of it. I've got you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post…
Marian said…
The room of escape... yes, yes. Love.
Maude Lynn said…
Beautiful, romantic write.
Bekkie Sanchez said…
That sea sounds wonderful! Let me in!