Goodbye to Clowns

I hate grease paint.
Don’t color me with pretend.

Let me have an ugly cry,
not that hideous grin.

Everyone loves a clown.
Sorry, not me.

I wonder what they’re hiding,
be it a he or a she.

I won’t even laugh
at their foolish distaste.

So goodbye and be gone,
and do so with haste.



Susie Clevenger 2013

Kay at Real Toads had us thinking about clowns and parades. Well, I thought about clowns. I don't like them. I used to, but the more I think about them the creepier they become. Bring in the clowns: an emotional challenge

Comments

Karen said…
Agreed, agreed, agreed!
Grace said…
Like the dislike here for pretensions and hideous grin ~ Good work Susie ~
Anunoy Samanta said…
I would definitely try to avoid seeing a clown but won't certainly drive him out from my range of vision if accidentally he drops in... I've some soft corner for them :)
nice read!
keep rhyming....
Kay L. Davies said…
Fabulous, Susie! I love "foolish distaste"!
K
Fireblossom said…
Wow, where's the clown love? No one likes them!

Love the way you composed this, Susie.
Ella said…
lol, don't color me with pretend...
I love this line!
Bravo you nailed Bozo