Annoyed


To whom it may concern,

Do not ring my doorbell
with your sales pitch.

I have no desire to be
tag teamed at my mailbox.

No, I won’t take fifty dollars
to put your sign in my yard.

You are vultures creating
mountains out of hailstones.

Mother Nature dropped
a few marbles from the sky,

but a flock of roofers is covering
the streets with bullshit.

  
©Susie Clevenger 2013


Sorry, I needed to vent. We had a hail storm last week. The hail was about marble sized and before it could melt the streets were full of roofers spinning dire predictions of roof damage. I lost count of how many came to my door or swarmed me when I went to the mailbox. 

Kerry at Real Toads challenged us to write an open letter.

Comments

Kerry O'Connor said…
Haha! I applaud this bold letter. Too often now, home-owners and consumers fall victim to the vultures who circle, waiting for the first sign of weakness. This is a the best kind of deterrent. In the face, cut the crap, get off my lawn.
Bubba said…
You tell 'em, Susie!
hedgewitch said…
I know it's a rough economy, but I *never* listen to people who try to push their product unasked at my door--after being terribly ripped off by a fly-by-night paving company on a driveway that is currently disintegrating, I have learned my lesson. Great open letter, Susie.
Mixi said…
Ha ha! This is actually universally applicable to over-intrusive and aggressive salesmongers all over.

Well said!
How exceedingly annoying that must be.
And of course, half of them are merely casing the joint.
We live in the middle of nowhere, so it isn't worth their while to knock on doors here, but....the cold calling on the landline means that I am rude to anybody whose voice I don't recognize right away:-)
And then of course, I have to apologize profusely to those callers that are legit :-)
Helen said…
... the very reason I have a 'no solicitation' sign on my front door! You go girl!!
Susie Swanson said…
Tell them girl.. I apalaude you.. They take advantage of us anyway they can..Calling and knocking on doors is all they do.. I get sick of the s-- myself..
Unknown said…
LOL!
I live a bit out of town. I cannot get contractors out here!. Makes me wonder about the economy...
Karen said…
I love that this is addressed to real roofers but has great metaphorical possibilities!
Hannah said…
Oh, my goodness...that's awful Susie...for you and for them that they're so desperate...or is it just greed and they're crossing the line...either way not tolerable...I agree.