Time Wasted


Time wasted won’t return.
It is erased by a giant cosmic eraser
that removes days but leaves regrets.
My tongue twists around
I should have—I shouldn’t have
choking my voice with remorse.


I surrendered my heart to his smile
with no thoughts of lies glossing full lips.
Eyes only stay blind as long as
one wears rose colored glasses.
Vision restored I lift up thanks
Time wasted won’t return.



©Susie Clevenger 2013
Fireblossom over at Real Toads
wanted us to write doubletalk.
I am not sure I met the challenge
because my brain has been challenged
with family doubletalk.

Comments

Kerry O'Connor said…
Oh, this is excellently done, Susie. You turned the meaning on a dime in the second stanza.
Ella said…
Wow Susie, this is so well done~
YOUR poem makes me want to try again!
Yeah, damn those rose colored glasses, lol
Mary said…
I like the idea of the cosmic eraser, Susie. When I find myself wasting time to put me on a different course....and sometimes it is hard to take off those rose-colored glasses, but all is clearer when one does!
Laurie Kolp said…
Eyes only stay blind as long as
one wears rose colored glasses.

Powerful, Susie!
Helen said…
... the best kind of transformation!
Luke Prater said…
very nice piece - the coming of full circle to close is very strong (this is part of the doubletalk challenge?)
Fireblossom said…
I think you pulled it off quite nimbly.
Margaret said…
Love this twist. Good riddance seems to be the message at the end. :)