A Broken Fairytale



Lavender scents the air
bringing memories
of a honey colored sky
smiling down upon us
as we lay entwined
on a blanket of moss.
I can still see the red wildflowers
blooming in a lover’s bouquet
at our feet.
Enchantment so perfect in its innocence
hypnotized us with forever.

Years have torn their way
across the universe leaving
 jagged scars.
The music of our heartbeats
remains as a bittersweet
song in my spirit.
I remember the beautiful days
of fairytale romance,
 but now live the reality
of its unhappy ending.

©Susie Clevenger 2011
Prompt: Free Write Friday

magicinthebackyard

Comments

Anonymous said…
Susie, you always leave me captivated with your words. This is so enchanting and it took me away to a sweeter place for a moment. Thank you for that! I'm sharing this on facebook. Thank you for gifting fwf with this lovely piece of poetry!
Hugs!
Kellie
Reality bites sometimes doesn't it?

Keep dreamin' Susie! :)