"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Monday, April 15, 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 (playing catch up) Day 6 ~ Song of the Whippoorwill


It is the whippoorwill
that sings of home
where the night sky
is dancing stars and
wishes whispered
to the moon.

I am miles from the
gravel that dusted my toes
on barefoot summers,
but when I close my eyes
I return to once upon a time.

Blessed bird continue your song
of quieter days and winged dreams.
I want to fly to open fields where concrete
doesn’t scratch against my sleeves.


©Susie Clevenger 2013

At Real Toads Peggy has us Going Outside.





4 comments :

Anonymous said...

lovely..
I want to fly to open fields where concrete doesn’t scratch against my sleeves.

loved the lines here..
Sreeja
writingonjusttowrite.blogspot.com

Other Mary said...

That's a wonderful memory conjured. I'd like to go back there too. Lovely!

Margaret said...

The whippoorwill singing of home and childhood memories... Very sweet.

Loredana Donovan said...

Lovely memories of childhood and yearning to return home ... wonderful daydreaming imagery :)

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena