"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Friday, October 7, 2016

My Left Of Center Bleeding Heart


I’m going to polish my left of center bleeding heart,
pocket protect my copy of the Constitution,
and wade through tea-bag hallucinations
in my sensible suffragette shoes.

I won’t be dressing up to be dressed down
by words from a misogynist's lips.
Feminine energy sits on the scales
and the walls of the boy’s club are starting to crack.

7 comments :

Jim said...

Nice write, Susie. I'll be helping you with widening the boy's club crack. Even if she is in jail! :)
..

Kerry O'Connor said...

I won’t be dressing up to be dressed down!

Brilliant! You lead and I'll follow, sister.

Other Mary said...

Excellent! I'm with you too, Susie!

Rommy said...

And I celebrate those cracks as well. *applauds*

brudberg said...

After hearing the banter in the big boys club... I feel I would feel more at home being suffragette :-)

Martin Kloess said...

Shine on, fair lady. Shine one

Mama Zen said...

"in my sensible suffragette shoes"

I love that!

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena