Burning Bright



Karin over at Real Toads challenged us to write a poem from two consecutive words in a Christmas song. I chose "burning bright" from "That's Christmas To Me" by Pentatonix. 


"That's Christmas To Me"

The fireplace is burning bright, shining all on me
I see the presents underneath the good old Christmas tree
And I wait all night 'til Santa comes to wake me from my dreams
Oh, why? 'Cause that's Christmas to me

You can find the rest of the lyrics to the song here.

Real Toads ~ Take Two and Sing




Comments

Jim said…
"'Tis the season for burning bright" is a nice Christmas message, Susie.
I kike your card design, very pretty setting for you message in poem.
..
Maude Lynn said…
Yes! Perfect, Susie.
Outlawyer said…
Yes-- hope needs all the hope it can get! Thanks, Susie. K.
brudberg said…
Oh this is just what I want to have from Christmas... I think we need that kind of burning.
Marian said…
Hope hung on limbs... sure thing.
Carol Campbell said…
You echo my sentiments so beautifully!
hedgewitch said…
I love the thought and feeling behind the simple wish--and what amazing harmony on the song. Merry Christmas, Susie.You make it a little brighter for all of us.
Kerry O'Connor said…
Such beautiful thoughts for the Christmas season at the end of a very troubled year.
Lovely, may all your wishes and dreams come true. Sending Xmas love and hugs, Moskowitz the Humble
colleen said…
That's a nice metaphor. I like the idea of a string of lighted words.
Sherry Blue Sky said…
Susie, this is incredibly beautiful. Blessings to you and yours.
ayala said…
Lovely! I hope you had a great holiday.