Thursday, April 18, 2013

NaPoWriMo 2013 Day 18 ~ Flowering Yes


Stop gathering your
thistle no’s into
a bouquet of failure.

Pluck the weeds
from your garden of dreams
and let yes flower into I can.


©Susie Clevenger 2013

At Real Toads it was my turn to offer a prompt to inspire writing and I chose Encouragement. We all need it, but wouldn't you know it was the hardest for me to write. I am struggling with forgiveness and what better time to seek words of encouragement to lift my spirit from the bog of I can't than when I am first thrown into its mire.

8 comments:

Peggy said...

Such a positive prompt Susie. And I love flowers as well--so I like your poem and its metaphor!! Thanks.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh yes, Susie, no thistles, no thorns, in a bouquet, and "I can" is not that far away.
Thinking of you.
K

Fireblossom said...

This made me smile. It's so deft.

Helen said...

Susie ~ your poem is eloquent in its simplicity ....

Ellecee said...

I enjoyed this,,,a beautiful message telling us to pick ourselves up and move ahead with life,,,,I needed this reminder too,,,

Sharp Little Pencil said...

Susie, we all struggle with the "forgiveness conundrum." The bouquet is a beautiful metaphor for forgiveness offered in the best spirit. Lovely. Amy

aprille said...

A posy of goodness and wisdom.

Grace said...

Beautiful words Susie ~

This took me some time to write as I was grappling with some despair and anguish these past few days too ~

Thanks for the wonderful prompt ~