"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Haiku Challenge Day #27 ~ Gate of David


bars against hatred
a gate feeble protection
faith persecution
#######################
the gate of david
a reminder to not forget
deadly holocaust
#######################
we open the gate
to remember all the lost
whom hatred slaughtered
########################
rise star of david
your people have overcome
peace rest upon you


©Susie Clevenger 2012
29 Haiku in 29 Days
Theme: Paint the Image

13 comments :

Grace said...

Very nice set...You painted a sad and haunting image to this gate...I too saw its sadness but I wanted to end on positive note.

I do like the last verse..uplifting write.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Now, if only the gates of our hearts would open wide too...


Paint the Image

Andy Sewina said...

Yeah, well recorded!

Ellecee said...

I like these Haiku, Susie, although there is sadness there, there is also hope. Thank you.

Chèvrefeuille said...

Great! You really painted with words. I love these series of haiku and I can feel the sadness of it, but also the uplifting strenght to be free.

Asni said...

A grim reminder of one man's hatred. Very well painted.

I have not linked up to SiS because I can't find the link yet! Anyway, my post is here.

Lolamouse said...

I like your haiku set. This is a haunting image and a difficult one for me to write. You did well with it.

⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺ said...

I don't know the story behind this gate...But I loved the haiku you've written...Thanks for sharing :)


Open gate of your heart

Pranali Kadam said...

Nice set of Haiku!
Emphasis on Star of Davis catches the eye.

sonsylass said...

Yes, I like the last verse too - reminds me of the Song of Solomon :-)

br!nDle said...

nice...

Ramesh Sood said...

Very interesting and well done.. a different take on the 'Gate'..

Someone is Special said...

Interesting Set Susie.. :-)

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena