Party effects

Here I am after my cruise with a raspy voice and a cold. I just got back from the Caribbean and I am experiencing the after effects of catching a cold coupled with all the noise making I made on board. I sound like I am a chain smoker with emphysema.
I try to see the humor in it, but the coughing hasn't been funny. I knew I was destined to get something when we went on an excursion to the Black River in Jamaica. One of the members of my group was constantly blowing his nose. I was trapped inside a bus with the germs as we barreled through the Jamaican countryside.
Thank goodness the cold didn't hit me until my trip was over. It didn't keep me from having fun on vacation. I am so happy about that.
I have been going over vacation pictures and that helps as I hack and wipe my nose. My trip went way too fast. I am already looking forward to my next outing.
Well, I guess I better get off here and look for another box of tissues. I am getting better. Just not fast enough. Guess it is the price I pay for having so much fun!!

Comments

Kellie ELmore said…
aww Susie! Sorry your vacay gave you a cold! :(
As for your first post... I didn't know what I was doing either and actually I had a completely different blog on blogger before I really began on wordpress, and my entries were much the same, just diary like entries of what was going on with me. It bombed so I opened a new one and, well, here I am. I am so enjoying seeing everyones beginnings! Thanks for sharing yours with me :)
Susie Clevenger said…
Kellie, when I began writing poetry I just left my few random journal entries on my blog..just to remind me how it all started. Thanks for stopping by to read this.
Jim said…
I forgot, Susie, that the oldest of the bunch is on the bottom. Shame, I know that.
So just to say I'm here and I am glad that you made good. Your writing is good but you poems are super great!
..