"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Stone Weight


He wanted me to jump hoops,
you know the kind…
work harder (for less money)…..

Ah dear mirror,
I’ve painted enough Mondays
to know pink is too weak,
and red comes with a reputation.

Everyone’s a judge these days.
You’re one button too close to trashy.
She got her job by going through the bedroom door.
A brain doesn’t go with blond.

Frankly I need a little more bitch,
 less give a damn, and a hip sway
that leaves an exclamation.

I’ve learned people judge the weight
of their stone throw by the size
of the sin list they store in their closets.

©Susie Clevenger 2017

10 comments :

Frank Hubeny said...

I liked the line "You’re one button too close to trashy."

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I guess we all have a sin list--I love how you extend this metaphor--

Martin Kloess said...

Exactly right = Know this can be turned to a benefit.

thotpurge said...

a hip sway that leaves an exclamation.. oh love that!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Wonderful portrait in wonderful phrases.

Marian said...

Yes! I need a little more bitch, too.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You’re one button too close to trashy.
That line made me laugh out loud!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Ooh feisty!!

Buddah Moskowitz said...

This was brilliant and profound:
"I’ve learned people judge the weight
of their stone throw by the size
of the sin list they store in their closets."

brudberg said...

Too many Mondays.. you need that red

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena