"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Rooted to Promises


Tree Orb
The beautiful photographic art of Deborah Glessner ~ Lark Photography


He said he would never leave…
so I buried him beneath the oak
where roots would pierce his heart
to keep him bound to promises.


©Susie Clevenger 2014

Margaret Bednar at Real Toads provided the orb images of Deborah Glessner as inspiration for our writing. Artistic Interpretations With Margaret ~ Orbs

9 comments :

Vandana Sharma said...

This shows how one can be so possesive. Nicely done!.

Margaret said...

… this should cause dread, but I just laughed. Should my husband be warned? I love this, Susie. Thanks for remembering and posting late!

humbird said...

Haha...promises...to deposit in the bank and live on the %. :)x Love

Bill Nicholls said...

That is really clever how that photo was done. Great verse today, reminds me of a green burial site I visited last week

blueoran said...

About the only way to get a dude to keep his commitments! Not sure we're good fertilizer for anything but resentments.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Oh, I so want to give you a high five for this one, Susie.

Robyn Greenhouse said...

This reminds me of the book Gone Girl!

Wordifull Melanie said...

Well done...dark, made me chuckle :)

Grace said...

I really love this Susie ~

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena