You bring the flowers and romance
and I will bring happy until I am bored.
I so love vases of blooming spur of the moment
placed on the counter along with your beer.
We met on a high note…
the bang , the sizzle, the hell yeah
pumped us into we got love right this time!
Once the fireworks exploded it was a sulfur street
of blackened debris littering speculation with…
There’s still a few sparklers in our hands
when you pull yourself from your sports obsession
and I push back thoughts of an empty checkbook from my head.
Our bare skin hip to hip reads the fantasies behind closed eyes
to let us ride lake splashes of passion until our bodies respond
to the wish burning our insides…!...!
Today is a day of grocery store roses dropping stale petals,
you snoring through the last touchdown running along
the sidelines of our rent to own T.V.
and me picking up beer cans
littering the carpet soiled
with this is as good as it gets.
©Susie Clevenger 2013
Kerry at Real Toads prompted us to write a rhapsody.
1. Exalted or excessively enthusiastic expression of feeling in speech or writing.
2. A literary work written in an impassioned or exalted style.
3. A state of elated bliss; ecstasy.
4. Music A usually instrumental composition of irregular form that often incorporates improvisation.
5. An ancient Greek epic poem or a portion of one suitable for uninterrupted recitation.
Mine is more a red neck rhapsody. :)