The Moon Wonders

Today at Real Toads Sunday Mini Challenge Ella challenged us to create a poem from a collection of Instagram Photos. I have an Android phone and I thought it would be fun to create my own image.


a fairy’s passing left no prints
on green blades of grass,
her toes curled into whispers.

the guardian moon watches
as she collects dew from pink roses
her sleepy eyes twinkling in its beams.

a final rose needs her attention
before she can seek her rest,
the nightingale already singing its lullaby.

the moon smiles and wonders
what the tiny fairy dreams
when night finally cradles her in sleep.


©Susie Clevenger 2012


This is one of Ella's images. I have given it the title, The Land of Fairies. I hope she won't mind. :)




Comments

hedgewitch said…
Love the toes curled in whispers--that is a charming little fairy, too--her dreams have to be of things like gumdrop necklaces and cobweb hair ribbons, I think. Very nice take on the prompt, Susie.
Kay L. Davies said…
Delightful, Susie, lilting and full of light.
K
Ella said…
I love your photo and the magic your poem expresses! A whole new world~
I love the title of my photo, ;D
Thank you!
Sweet, so endearing!
Mary said…
Good for you for creating your own image. I love your independen spirit.....and your POEM.
Fireblossom said…
What a lovely, gentle piece.
Marian said…
curling my toes in your general direction :)
Kerry O'Connor said…
How wonderful to witness the spread of inspiration - both in poetry and photography. Lovely work, Susie.
Chantell said…
A magical, enchanting poem :o) I really enjoyed it ~ great fairy pic too!
Anonymous said…
A gentle and dreamy post ~

Lovely photo too ~

Heaven
Unknown said…
Fairies...
You made me ponder how many are hanging out in my Mission Garden, my wildflowers, my vegies and my herbs. I'm heading to check it out now...
Sherry Blue Sky said…
SO sweet! Love the image too.
Anonymous said…
i'd like to meet a fairy some day, see what they have to say

withered wanderer