Rain, Wash the Lies From Me


Rain, wash the lies from me.
I believed for so long
that I was not enough.
Untruth burrowed into my thoughts
spreading its cancer through me.

Rain, wash the lies from me
I believed the mirror
when it spoke, “You are not pretty”
Love will never find you.”

Rain, wash the lies from me
I believed the shadows
when they spoke,
“Walk behind, you will never lead.”

Rain, wash the lies from me
I believed the clock
when it said, “time has run out.
It is too late for you to dream.”

Rain, wash the lies from me.
Cleanse my spirit to believe
that I have within me
all I need to be set free.

©Susie Clevenger 2011
Magpie Tales Prompt: 84



magpietales

Comments

Martin said…
I love the idea of rain washing away the lies.
Poets United said…
Great positive post. A very thoughtful take on the prompt.

Love your blog title too!
Tess Kincaid said…
"Rain wash the lies from me" is just delicious...
ed pilolla said…
be clean of them and be baptized:)
Rek Sesh said…
It does, that's the beauty of it which you have captured so well.
such a positive thought :)

we all live with so many such lies (i do)..... believing them to be the truth.
pushing ourselves down.

hurting our own hearts.

discouraging our own strengths...


"rain, wash the lies from US all"


you and ^Ed pilolla^ are 'heavenly' :)
Tigerbrite said…
A cleansing in water is so refreshing. Nice take on the prompt.
Anonymous said…
I love this - with each of your stanzas, you could have been writing about me, my own journey into truth. Amen to the last... And thank you!