"I am hearing poetry when awake, dreaming poetry when asleep, breathing poetry with each breath, I am living in a poem."

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life Has An Expiration Date


Life has an expiration date.
We should live life fully
to die remembered.

Remember me as the laughter
that broke the silence of sorrow,
a day never so dark I could not find light.

Gather my poetry to hear my voice.
Let it speak the words of a heart
that transformed the alphabet into verse.

I know not the day I will leave,
to dwell on my demise too gothic.
I shall live as only I know how
to plant the seeds of memories.


©Susie Clevenger 2011
Poetry prompt: If I should die,
think only this of me..

6 comments :

Daydreamertoo said...

What a lovely wish stated in such a genlte way.
Lovely prose.

Isadora said...

Well written with so many visual descriptives in it.
Beautiful ...
Isadora

Laurie Kolp said...

I really like the second stanza. Laughter is so important!

Jessica Prescott said...

the third stanza is just lovely!

Mike Patrick said...

Wonderful. Live as you would like to be remembered--unless you're a celebrity.

Morning said...

fabulous word flow.

© Confessions Of A Laundry Goddess , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena