Between Dreams and Daydreams

My heart lies suspended between dreams and daydreams,
not knowing whether to remain in closed eyed fantasy
or awaken to open eyed imagination.

In slumber’s wandering there is no one to judge
my unfettered delight to travel realms
not seen in the daylight.

On butterfly winged journeys of euphoria
I fly to destinations guided by passion’s spirit
where my heart unrestrained loves whom it will.

Enchantment wraps its spell around me
sending the one I desire to hold me
until dawn stirs me to awaken.

With sunlight provocation I arise to greet the day
saddened to leave my dreams,
yet  knowing with wide eyed expectation
daydreams will come when ignited by
the fuel of my imagination.


©Susie Clevenger 2010

Comments

LARRY said…
I like this Susie....xoxox.....LARRY