Remembering Until the Glue Dries

I am forever coming up with ideas for poems or blogs. I think of line here a line there and scribble them down on Post It notes, notepads, napkins, the instruction booklet for my DVR and on and on. They all sound great but I can't seem to connect the dots. 

The Post It notes are some of my favorites. I paste them all over the place with that wonderful line I just created. It is like my own literary wallpaper. Their bright colors with my random thoughts decorate whatever space I placed them on. Surrounded by my own creativity I remember each one until the glue dries on the Post it notes. They then tumble to the floor and become just another bit of paper to throw away.

I really should be more organized. If anyone should ever stumble upon all my scribbled collection they might think me a genius or just odd. The writings I have tossed might have been the beginnings for the next best seller. Well, that is a bit of a stretch, but I might have thrown away the very words that would have at last allowed me to finally finish one of my unfinished musings.

I think I will write my new year's resolutions early. At the top of my list I will put...Finish what you have begun...
I will write it on a Post It and then place it next to my computer and remember it until..........

Comments