My Cat



With the fast paced life whirling around me I have found great peace in watching my cat. He doesn't let much bother him. He knows that if he meows loudly enough he will be fed, petted, or let outdoors for a romp around the back yard. It doesn't matter to him that you are sitting in a chair wringing your hands about whatever life event that has you all worked up. He just sees a lap for him to lounge on and hands that need to give him a massage.


I will watch him stalk a bug with as much intensity as he would a mouse. He will position himself for the kill and pounce with confidence he will succeed. He will proudly bring his bounty to me to admire and compliment him on his ability.

My cat doesn't worry about his lineage. He just knows he is here to be loved and fed. There aren't any papers stating who sired him. He is a stray with street smarts that allowed him to stay alive long enough to bring him to my door.

He shed his home in the bushes outdoors for a more upscale residence with his own food bowl and a bed anywhere he chooses to recline. No longer does he have to sit out in the rain, but can sit in the window sill watching the drops splatter against the window.

He came to my door only wanting to be fed. He didn't know that he would bring tranquility to a stressed household. That watching him would teach me to take each day in stride. All of life's problems will work out. I only need to stretch, purr, and expect someone to wait on me.

Comments

Jim said…
Cats are a great calmer, as are a lot of other animals we have for pets. Even gold fish will help calm a 'restless' child. We gave Goldie away, she wouldn't die of old age for us, to a family who had a restless boy. He would sit for long periods of time watching Goldie swim around.
Susie, I am glad I came here, this is a very nice post about your tabby cat. Especially for a first blog post. I have come to several bloggers' first posts, they make interesting reading. Ten years, that's really good. Most don't make it nearly that long. A lot are still writing some though, on Facebook or other.
.. :)